Started a new plate on September 6th. Not really sure which image to use just yet.No Comments
Heard about the fire at Lawrimore Project early August. Apparently, a vagrant burned a portable mock living groom by Sutton Beres Culler behind his gallery. I had driven by on numerous occasions and thought it would be a good subject for the 8 x 10. During lunch time on Friday, I walked down to the gallery to find Scott sitting out on the curb waiting for a patron. He gave the OK for the picture so I set up in a parking lot that was slightly elevated from the burn site giving me a very nice view. Shot at f32 at 1/60th of a second and developed normally wtih d-76 1:1 for 11 minutes in a beseler drum. I took two shots and developed one in d-76 and the other with a failed batch of ABC pyro which I totally fucked up; the one developed in pyro didn’t survive.No Comments
Took this photo of Karen out in front of Garde Rail the day before it closed its Seattle doors. I am a little disappointed that I didn’t get my framing right but I didn’t want to keep her waiting around while I fumbled with the camera. Oh well, I think it came out just fine. Exposure was f16 at about 1/125th of a second. I pushed the film one stop with rodinal 1:25 for 12 minutes. It was a grey day and I figured the shot could use some contrast and extra development.No Comments
I joined a band!! We are called the Phantom Sons and I play the Drums. Left right are Eric Macrae, Zach Day, Cable Griffith, Nate Gullickson, and (me)Daniel Carrillo.
Here are some songs:No Comments
After burning through a half empty box of Ilford Ortho Plus Sheet film in the 8 x 10, I have fine tuned the camera to a good working order. I determined that the back was slightly warped and leaked light, the lens board leaked light, the ilex shutter leaked some light, and that both the 8 x 10 holders that came with the camera and the bellows are light tight. The film I was using to test the camera was some ortho film that sat in my fridge for almost four years. Because ortho film is not sensitive to red light, I could develop the sheets under a red safe light. The first shot I took and developed under the safe light was a complete fucking disaster but I have fixed this problem.
I am glad I had that box of crap film- that would have sucked to burn through $90 dollars with only a handful of useable negatives. Here are some of the surviving shots:No Comments
Spent about 20hrs this weekend working on “dispenser”. Almost done, maybe another 10-15hrs left to completely finish. I still have to polish the margin and engrave the title under the image. This print will be in my solo Show at Joe Bar in October.No Comments